We had a great time in Stowe this year! Every year we have a good time but this year seemed extra special. I don’t know why exactly. It could be because I didn’t hear the phrase “I’m bored” once. Or perhaps because we didn’t rush around trying to see dozens of people. Maybe it’s because Kindergarten is just around the corner and my little girl is growing up. For whatever reason this was a great trip to Vermont. I hope that we have more trips like this one.
Some of the highlights were:
- Ben and Jerry’s – We didn’t take the tour this year but we discovered that the girls love Phish Food
- Taking the dogs on the Stowe Quiet Path – twice
- Riding bikes on the Rec Path
- Seeing our cousins – my cousins and my wife’s
- Going to the Champlain Valley Fair – the girls loved playing games, riding rides and their first funnel cake
- Getting donuts and cider slushies at Cold Hollow Cider Mill
- Meeting Jessamyn West – had a great time talking with her on the porch of the Stowe Free Library – she’s great
- Swimming at Lake Eden
- Most of all we enjoyed simply hanging out with my father-in-law and his wife – they are great people and I always enjoy visiting them
I look forward to returning next summer. Of course I always look forward to visiting Vermont. It really is one of the loveliest places I’ve ever visited.
I’ve included some pictures from my phone below. I will add pictures from the camera to Flickr soon.